BURNABY, CANADA: Teradici Corp., the developer of the innovative PC-over-IP (PCoIP) protocol that enables a true PC experience for desktop virtualization, announces the availability of PCoIP Firmware Release 3.4 and PCoIP Management Console 1.5.30.
This firmware update includes event log, smartcard, and additional keyboard layout enhancements. The Management Console release includes new auto-configuration and profile scheduling capabilities. The firmware update and corresponding Management Console release are available as a free download from Teradici and OEM partners.
PCoIP firmware release 3.4 enhancements include:
* Support for "T=1" PIV CAC Smartcards.
* Enhanced Event Log and configuration options, including Syslog support.
* Added support for Czech, Slovenian and Romanian keyboard layouts.
* For complete details see Teradici KB item: 15134-575.
PCoIP Management Console 1.5.30 enhancements include:
* Device auto-configuration to automatically group and configure newly discovered PCoIP zero clients.
* Profiles now include firmware file and On-Screen-Display (OSD) logo options.
* Profile application to groups or individual devices can be scheduled for a future time.
* For complete details, see Teradici KB item: 15134-699.
Benefits of PCoIP zero clients
PCoIP zero clients virtually eliminate the need for desktop management because they have no CPU, application OS, device drivers, fan or hard drive. Significant benefits for IT organizations in healthcare, education, government and other market sectors include low operational cost, increased security capabilities, a rich user experience, and future-proof desktop scalability. The PCoIP Management Console is a web-based management tool that allows administrators to manage an entire enterprise deployment of PCoIP devices from a central console.