TOKYO, JAPAN: Mitsubishi Electric Corp. has launchedits 5.7-inch, QVGA color TFT-LCD module with a white light emitting diode (LED).
This industrial-use model features high brightness, long backlight life and a built-in LED driver in a low power consumption LCD module design. Sale of the module begins on December 1, 2010 through this Mitsubishi Electric sales website.
In recent years, TFT-LCD modules are widely used in a variety of applications such as factory automation, measurement equipment and commercial and industrial inventory control. These applications require modules to be slim, compact, and lightweight, and also call for high brightness with low power consumption and longer operational life. With this addition to its lineup of industrial-use TFT-LCD modules, Mitsubishi Electric aims to meet the needs of its customers.
The product features are as follows:
Long-life backlight with high brightness and low power consumption
* At a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius, the LED backlight has a typical operating life of 100,000 hours.
* 450 cd/m2 high brightness for better visibility in bright environments.
* Total power consumption (including backlight) is reduced to 1.83 W, which is 44 percent less than the previous model.
Built-in LED driver
* An LED driver is built into the module to achieve a more compact design and lower product cost.
* High-voltage inverter not required.
Slim, lightweight construction design of less than 9mm
* Improved backlight structure design reduces thickness to 8.8mm, which is 32 percent thinner than the previous model.
* Module weight is 165 grams, which is 14 percent lighter than the previous model.
* Mitsubishi Electric's standard AA057QB03 model.
Environmentally conscious construction
* The TFT-LCD module is fully compliant with the European Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS) directive, and is completely mercury-free.