BANGALORE, INDIA: Dell has launched the much-awaited Dell Streak in India, in association with Qualcomm and Tata DOCOMO. The Dell Streak is a 5-inch Android-based tablet combining the most popular features of a smartphone and a tablet and designed to provide people the best “on-the-go” entertainment, social connection, and navigation experience.Powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8250 mobile processor, the Dell Streak is a compact and powerful companion for people who want to expand their ability to access their digital lives on the go, and realize tomorrow’s technology today.
The spacious 5-inch screen is ideal for experiencing thousands of Android Market widgets, games and applications, all without squinting or compromising portability. Built-in 3G HSUPA, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity makes multitasking effortless and enables easy access for downloading and listening to music, updating social networking status in real-time, and staying connected to friends and family through e-mail, text, IM, and voice calls all at the same time.
On-the-go students, mobile professionals, and active families will find Streak’s web-browsing capabilities as natural as a laptop. The 5-inch screen is large enough to present Web pages in their natural form, create a comfortable viewing experience, and make navigation simple and safe. The Dell Streak leverages Qualcomm’s 1GHz Snapdragon mobile processor to combine advanced functionality, performance, and benefits of a laptop in a pocket friendly size.
Mahesh Bhalla, Executive Director & General Manager, Consumer, Dell India, said: “The Dell Streak hits the sweet spot between traditional smartphones and larger-screen tablets. People today want to carry their lives with them – they want to discover, capture and share content in real time.
“We see this as an opportunity to help people find the right technology that best fits their mobile lifestyle. The smartphone facility distinguishes Streak from other tablets as well as its multitasking capabilities and unique size which provide people new ways to enjoy, connect, and navigate their lives.”
Dr. Sandeep Sibal, country manager and VP – Business Development, Qualcomm India and South Asia said: “Qualcomm congratulates Dell for launching the Streak, which is the world’s first Snapdragon based pocket tablet.
“With the Streak, Dell opens up a new category of 3G mobile devices that creates a paradigm shift in the way millions of Indians will experience the internet. Powered by Qualcomm’s 1GHz Snapdragon mobile processor which supports 3G HSUPA, the Streak offers a unique blend of powerful and power-efficient mobile computing and broadband communication.”
“Living up to our strategy of Doing the New and bringing innovative services and solutions for our customers, we are pleased to announce the launch of the Android-powered Dell Streak Tablet on the Tata DOCOMO network,” Deepak Gulati, executive president, Mobility Business Division, Tata Teleservices Ltd, said, “At Tata DOCOMO, our promise has been to provide a refreshingly different experience to our fast-growing customer base.”
Yatish Mehrotra, regional head (South), Tata DOCOMO, said, “The launch of the Dell Streak is part of that endeavor—to provide subscribers with a world-class product that lets them experience the vast range of applications and have a unique user experience.”
Priced at Rs. 34,990, Dell Streak can be experienced and will be available for pre-booking at all Dell Exclusive stores, Tata DOCOMO ‘Dive In’ centers and authorized retailers. Dell Streak users will also be able to avail of an enticing data plan through Tata DOCOMO—subscribers will get 500 MB of data usage free every month for a period of six months on Tata DOCOMO Postpay connections.
* A full screen browsing experience with a 5-inch capacitive multi-touch WVGA display.
* Gorilla Glass display resists damage and scratches resulting from regular use or accidents.
* At less than 10mm thickness, the Streak is more portable than any other tablet, it easily slips in a pocket or purse.
* Easily integrated social media apps: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Google Maps.
* High resolution 5 MP camera with flash, VGA front facing camera for easy point and shoot and enabling video calls, removable battery, built-in Wi-Fi, 3G HSUPA and Bluetooth connectivity options.
* The powerful Snapdragon mobile processor makes multitasking easy, allowing users to talk on the phone and browse the web at the same time, or listen to music while using the Google Navigation app.
* The Android open source O/S offers more opportunities for growth, to access and download Google Android Market’s many applications.
* Packaged with cushions made from 100 percent sustainable, compostable bamboo.
* Qualcomm’s powerful and efficient Snapdragon QSD8250 chipset with integrated 1GHz processor.
* Android platform complete with Android Market and Dell user interface enhancements
3G + WiFi + Bluetooth.
* HSUPA with up to 7.2 Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink speeds.
* 5 MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash. Easy point, shoot, and uploads to YouTube, Flickr, Facebook and more.
* User accessible Micro SD expandable memory available up to 32 GB. Store up to 42 movies or 32,000 photos*, or 16,000 songs with 32GB* Micro SD.
Compatible with all GSM/3G connections, Dell Streak was designed with the future in mind and will support updates including platform upgrades, Adobe Flash 10.1 on Android 2.2 later this year, video chat applications and other software innovations.
Dell is a member of the Open Handset Alliance (OHA), a group of technology and mobile companies working together to accelerate innovation in mobility. Together, the OHA created Android, the first complete, open, and free mobile platform to provide people a richer, less expensive, and better mobile experience.