IRVINE, USA: American Industrial Systems Inc. (AIS), is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of Human Machine Interface (HMI) Touch Screen Panels for building automation system (BAS), heating, ventilation, air-conditioning (HVAC), and lighting control systems.
The Human Machine Interface (HMI) touch screen terminals are a key component in a building control system solution; it provides visibility to detailed building climate status information. The touch screen terminal allows system operators and maintenance personnel to control, monitor and manage heating, ventilation, cooling, chilled water systems, hot water systems, security, and lighting equipment, creating an intelligent building control system and reducing energy and maintenance costs.
The AIS Human Machine Interface touch terminals are designed using an open, non-proprietary web-based system with simple to understand navigation, that helps speed HMI development and training time. The AIS low cost web browser 5.7” and 7” HMI touch screen panels feature ultra-low power consumption, shock, vibration and temperature resistance, Microsoft Windows CE, and a compact small form factor.
The AIS 10.1” PoE Panel PC features the Intel Atom N270 Processor and Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology built-in, allowing for installation into remote locations without the need to run power. The PoE panel PC features low power consumption, fanless operation, integrated touch screen, LED backlight, and IP54 dust/water protection.
Power over Ethernet or PoE technology describes a system to safely transfer electrical power, along with data, to remote devices over standard category 5 cable in an Ethernet network. It does not require modification of existing Ethernet cabling infrastructure.
The panel PCs are typically used on large commercial and industrial buildings, allowing central control for HVAC around the building(s) via by Ethernet for communication between central controllers, and enable operators access through a web browser.
With touch screen capability, ruggedized housing, and several I/O connections, the AIS’ HMI terminal is powerfully cost effective. AIS’ commercial off the shelf (COTS) predesigned touch screen panel PCs provides a cost effective control interface which is easily integrated to new and existing installations, reducing the time to market and competitiveness where service, availability, reliability, and technology are paramount.
Key features and benefits
* AIS PoE touch screen terminal solutions provide LCD screen sizes in 5.7”, 7” and 10.1.”
* PoE Panel PC’s support IEEE802.3at or IEEE802.3af Power Over Ethernet (PoE) technology.
* PoE powered device terminals reduce the need for electricians to install conduits, electrical wiring, and outlets throughout the facility.
* Simplified installation and space saving: AIS PoE wall mounted touch screen terminals are offering VESA mounting standard in anywhere with single cable between switch and Powered Device (PD).
* Flexibility: Power over powered device Ethernet operates using legacy cabling infrastructures of 10 Mb/s, 100 Mb/s or 1000 Mb/s.
* Green & clean: AIS panel computers are integrated ultra-low voltage (ULV) processors and LED backlit LCD panel for cooling and energy consumption.
* Wide Operating Temperature Capable: -25 deg. C to 70 deg. C.
* HMI (Human Machine Interface) touch screen ready platform.
* Reliability: AIS rugged touch panel computers are industrial grade housing and components, IP54 rated, long-life LED backlights, high shock and vibration resistance, CE and FCC certified, and RoHS compliant.