PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC: JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing development tools, extends its wide range of technology-specific development environments with AppCode - a new IDE for Objective-C developers.
Much like other JetBrains IDEs, AppCode's biggest strengths are advanced code analysis routines and a smart editor, which enables intelligent code completion, powerful refactorings, auto-import, one-click code navigation, automatic code formatting, and more productivity-bound features. That, along with transparent integration with Xcode, makes AppCode a powerful tool not only for professional Objective-C developers but also for those just joining the ever-growing iOS developers camp.
"Our goal with AppCode is to help developers maintain the high quality of their application code so it equals the high standards for UI and user experience that iOS and Mac OS platforms apply," said Maxim Shafirov, the AppCode project lead at JetBrains. "After 11+ years of successful IDE development, we have formed a set of development best practices and code quality standards that we think will benefit the fast-evolving community of Objective-C developers. Thanks to tight integration with the existing set of tools provided by Apple, we can see AppCode quickly becoming a key tool in the arsenal of professional Objective-C developers."
Besides its smart code authoring and navigation abilities, AppCode 1.0 offers the following key functionality:
* Xcode interoperability - open and create Xcode projects from AppCode. Xcode versions 3 and 4 are supported.
* Integrated graphical debugger over either GDB or LLDB.
* Running and debugging iOS applications on a device or in a simulator.
* Visual unit test runner for OCUnit.
* Automatic memory leak detection with appropriate quick-fix option.
* Support of the latest iOS 5 features, like Automatic Reference Counting.
* Version Control Systems integration - unified UI for most popular VCSs such as Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce and CVS.