BANGALORE, INDIA: LogMeIn has unveiled a free mobile app to bring its signature remote desktop capabilities to even more iPads and iPhones. Featuring the same remote access experience that made LogMeIn Ignition the top grossing third party iPad app of 2010, the new app lets any iOS owner remotely view, access and control their PCs or Macs from their iPad or iPhone.
It works with LogMeIn’s flagship free remote access offering, LogMeIn Free, giving iOS users unlimited free mobile access to their remote computers, anywhere with an internet connection.
Building on the success of its highly popular mobile app, LogMeIn Ignition, the new LogMeIn for iPad/iPhone app is the latest move by LogMeIn to bring its cloud-based, essential remote services to new audiences through feature-rich free offerings.
“Mobile devices, most notably the iPad, have given rise to an entirely new audience looking to remotely access their computer files and applications on the go. Not surprisingly, mobile has become an increasingly important driver for introducing new people to LogMeIn’s services, and we believe we’re just scratching the surface of this growing demand,” said Michael Simon, president and CEO of LogMeIn. “By combining our mobile and free service strengths, we can bring the benefits of top-shelf remote access to virtually anyone and everyone with an iPhone or iPad.”
iPad and iPhone owners can take advantage of the remote access capabilities by simply downloading the free app from the Apple App Store and then installing LogMeIn Free on any PC or Mac which they wish to access. Users also have the option of upgrading to an all new version of LogMeIn Pro LogMeIn’s premium remote access software, and enjoy additional remote access capabilities.
LogMeIn Free users can:
* Access an unlimited number of PCs and Macs from their iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch) through a highly secure yet simple connection (AES 256-bit encryption, SSL/TLS intrusion detection).
* Remotely view and control their PCs and Macs as if the device were in their hands.
* Run their computer-based business applications like Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, etc. on their iOS device.
* View important files and other important information stored on a remote computer from anywhere with a WiFi or 3G connection.
LogMeIn Pro users get all the benefits and capabilities of LogMeIn Free, plus:
* NEW: High Definition (HD) remote control, optimized for streaming video and audio content from their PCs to their iOS devices (Mac HD streaming is planned for early 2012).
* Cloud storage integration to quickly and seamlessly view, copy, transfer and save files between iOS devices, personal or work computers, and popular cloud services (e.g. Dropbox, Google Docs).
* File Management: Copy, move, and save files or folders from remote computers directly onto the iPad, iPhone or iPod touch for offline viewing.
A version of the new LogMeIn app for Android smartphones and tablets is planned for 2012.
For Ignition customers, LogMeIn will keep Ignition for iPad/iPhone in the Apple App Store to support existing Ignition customers, and has updated the app to include HD remote control (and HD streaming) from their computers to their iOS device. These new capabilities, as well as the app’s existing premium features are available to Ignition users at no additional cost and do not require LogMeIn Pro subscriptions.