MUMBAI, INDIA: Kingston announced the launch of the Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 2 (DTU30G2). The DTU30G2, Kingston’s fastest USB Flash drive, uses a native USB 3.0 controller for better performance and power management.
Kingston’s DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 features the latest technology for USB 3.0 Flash drives, making it ideal for IT professionals and enthusiasts who want to take advantage of all the performance improvements offered by USB 3.0 technology right away. The new DTU30G2 has a read speed up to 100MB/s, and a write speed up to 70 MB/s. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read and write speeds of around 30MB/s. The DTU30G2 is available in 16-, 32- and 64GB capacities.
“Kingston is committed to help drive market adoption of the new USB 3.0 standard and make it more accessible to the mass market,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales director, APAC Region, Kingston. “The growing number of platforms and computers supporting the USB 3.0 standard as well as the benefits of the single chip controllers that allow better compatibility and performance are helping drive the adoption of USB 3.0 technology.”
The Kingston DTU30G2 USB Flash drive is the perfect solution for easily storing and quickly transferring large documents, hi-res photos and HD video. It is also backward compatible with USB 2.0. It is backed by a five-year warranty, free tech support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 features and specs:
• Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
• Requirements: System with USB 3.0 port
• Backwards Compatible: With USB 2.0
• Speed: When plugged into a USB 3.0 system: up to 100MB/s (read) and 70MB/s (write);
when plugged into a USB 2.0 system: maximum specification performance (around 30MB/s
(read) and (write))
• Dimensions: 2.90" x 0.87" x 0.63" (73.70mm x 22.20mm x 16.10mm)
• Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
• Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
• Practical: Durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
• Warranty: 5 years.