BANGALORE, INDIA: MindTree Ltd announced the availability of its Knowledge Management (KM) solution for the manufacturing industry.
The MindTree KM offering is designed to help manufacturing organizations systematically collect, manage and execute the numerous ideas and suggestions of its workforce, resulting in innovative solutions, higher productivity, and faster response and delivery times.
“In the face of increasing competition and compliance requirements, manufacturers need to improve business processes in order to increase operational efficiencies, meet customer demands and manage products globally,” said MindTree Vice President and Head, Manufacturing Industry Group, Radha R.
“As organizations undertake numerous initiatives to achieve this, MindTree’s Knowledge Management solution enables the collective expertise and insight of the workforce to be captured and adopted. The end result is increased intellectual capital that delivers a competitive advantage.”
The MindTree KM solution focuses on building a knowledge ecosystem that drives innovation, knowledge sharing, collaboration and reuse. Key features of the solution include:
* Knowledge Repository - providing a central location for storing and accessing data for collaborative content creation and continuous capture of information.
* Idea Management - capturing, evaluating and implementing employee ideas for faster product introductions, improved decision-making and opening new markets.
* Process Data Management - managing process documents for adherence with organizational and industrial standards and company policy.
* Communities - building relationships among people of all levels of the organization in order to ease the sharing of the knowledge and increase skill development, as a means of improving methods to achieve company goals.
* Event Management - capturing solutions for significant events that happen within the organization, which will reduce time, and eliminate duplication of work when responding to similar situations in the future.
The MindTree KM solution draws from the company’s own Knowledge Ecosystem. MindTree has been ranked as the Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise (MAKE) in India in 2007 and 2008 by Teleos in association with Know Network.
MindTree’s KM expertise is complemented by the company’s Manufacturing Execution System (MES) offerings. MindTree’s MES solutions help companies manage and control entire manufacturing processes and provide plant personnel with the intelligence and visibility to respond quickly to disruptions in the supply network or exceptions on the plant floor.
MindTree’s vision for delivering process improvements, production visibility, and effective knowledge management has resulted in the development of Production Management, Manufacturing Intelligence (MI) and KM solutions and frameworks.
Its framework-based approach ensures faster time to market, while delivering agile information architecture, thus helping companies realize the expected return on IT investments.
MindTree is offering a free workshop to demonstrate the quantitative benefits of its MES solutions to manufacturing companies that are aiming at significantly enhancing their business processes and improving operational efficiencies.